TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For bookings of between 10-20 people
- Bookings are for a 2-hour period only. Space cannot be guaranteed after this time.
- The minimum spend will be tracked via a bar tab and payment can be split a maximum of four ways at the end of your booking. A card will be taken on arrival to guarantee your bar tab.
- Notice of cancellation must be given 24hours prior to booking time period for penalty not to apply. Cancellation within 24hours will be charged the full minimum spend.
- In the case of wet weather, your booking will be moved to KG Bar on the ground floor. If this is the case, your minimum spend requirements will be waived.
- Pre-Orders for any food are recommended, our menu is available on our website. Pre-Orders can be emailed through to the below email address.
- Should you have any questions, please email [email protected]
General Terms & Conditions
Booking of event space will be effective subject to the reception of following general terms and conditions of sale and deposit of minimum spend.
This agreement is made between Sixteen Antlers referred to as the ”Venue” and the Client. In the event that this agreement is signed in the name of a company, partnership, agency, firm, club or similar society, the person signing represents to the Hotel that they have full authority to sign such a proposal. If the person is not authorised, they will be personally liable for the complete performance of this proposal. Any reference to the ”Manager” will refer to the person nominated by the Venue to represent the Venue in all matters relating to the function.
Less than 7 day’s notice – 100% of minimum spend will be charged as a cancellation.
Confirmation of event booking is subject to a signed contract and non-refundable deposit received. Any reservations for function or accommodation rooms will be released without notice if the criteria’s are not met.
To maintain your booking, a minimum of 100% of the minimum spend, is required along with the signed contract accompanied by credit card details to secure all further payment requirements
1. Minimum spends are based on a total food and beverage spend for the allotted length of the function (one tab per event)
2. Any monies not spend or used during the event are forfeited and will not be refunded or held over use at a later time and will be considered room hire
3. Minimum spend guide is $80 per person unless negotiated with the Experience Executive directly.
Pack up & break down
Access to the event space is allocated as per the contracted times. If additional access time is required, then room hire charges will be applicable.
No banners, signs or posters may be attached to any surface of the Hotel without advance approval from the Meetings & Events Office. The Hotel signage must not be covered or obscured in any way. Any loss of or damage to Hotel property or equipment caused by the organiser, their guests or contractors before, during or after the event is the financial responsibility of the organiser
Amendments to these terms and conditions shall only be valid if made in writing and signed by hotel management. The waiver of terms and conditions stated in contract applies to the particular occasions as documented in an amendment. This shall not be deemed a waiver of these terms and conditions for future occasions.
ALL Meeting Planner
ALL Meeting Planner points are not applicable for events held in Sixteen Antlers
Confirmation of meeting and event
Experience Executive will confirm event in writing to event booker.
Confirmation of a booking is subject to minimum spend payment to the Venue
Event details and instructions
Venue reserves the right to apply a surcharge or re-quote on business if number of attendees or event space increases or decreases from confirmation of booking. signed contract
Non Smoking Venue
All areas of the venue are non-smoking.
Sections are reserved for a maximum of 4 hours
In the case of wet weather, the event will be moved to KG Bar or Goldfinch Restaurant on ground floor
Circumstances beyond the control of the venue/hotel
If the Hotel is unable to provide the facilities or any other arrangements for your event or any part there of or to otherwise perform the terms of this agreement and the Hotel’s failure is due to circumstances beyond its decision or control, the Hotel is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the event is conducted in an orderly manner in full compliance with the Venue Management and all applicable laws and statutes
If the Venue has reason to believe that an event will affect the smooth running of the Venue’s business, either in regard to security or reputation, the Management reserves the right to cancel the event and/or remove any disruptive individuals without liability
The Venue has no responsibility to you for any costs, damages or expenses that you may incur in relation to the Hotel’s termination of your event
The Venue may exclude or remove any persons or possessions from your event or from the Hotel premises
The hotel waivers responsibility
1. Theft, damage or loss of any goods brought on to the Hotel Premises.
2. The Car Parking facility under the Hotel is a public car park and the Hotel is not responsible for any theft, damage or loss to any vehicles or goods that may occur in the car park.
3. Any introduction of food to the event and the effect thereafter.
4. Damage or loss of merchandise or personal articles left in the Hotel prior to, during or after an event.
Loss & damage to the hotel property
1. The client will be responsible for all loss or damage to the property of the Venue including the Hotel Premises and any fixtures, fittings, furnishings or goods on or off the Hotel, caused by or arising from any act or omission by the client, their guests, contractor or subcontractors, or any other persons attending the event or present in the Hotel rooms. Please note that nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to the wall, door or other surfaces, which are part of the Hotel. Display panels can be arranged through Meetings & Events Department (charges may apply)
Substitution of rooms
1. The Venue may assign you to another area or room within the Hotel if the area or room originally designated for your function is unavailable for any reason or the Hotel believes the area of the Venue originally designated for your function is deemed in appropriate
Fire, life and safety
1. In consideration of the hotel permitting the use and/or hire of the events facilities the hirer and/or user (collectively the ”Client”) agrees and acknowledges that
a. Client will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard personal safety
b. Client and all delegates will conduct themselves in a manner which will not cause harm or discomfort to other users or the Hotel and its facilities
c. In the event of accident or injury, the Venue is authorised to seek medical assistance for the Client and/or those in his/her company and any costs incurred shall be borne by the Client; and
d. Client is over the age of 18 or, if younger, is accompanied by a competent adult who has signed this form on his/her behalf
2. Smoke machines, special balloon effects and/or pyrotechnics cannot be operated without the prior authority from the Hotel due to the effect on the Hotel smoke detectors. Should a Fire Brigade respond to an alarm in an event room which has been set off by an unauthorised use of smoke machines, special balloon effects and/or pyrotechnics, the client will be liable for any charges incurred by the Hotel
3. The Venue retains the right to adjust any setup to ensure fire, life and safety codes are not breached
1. Whilst every effort is made by the Hotel to protect your property and equipment, it is the responsibility of the client to put in place appropriate security measures to guard against theft.
2. Security is required for any events that finish after midnight, cost of which will be borne by the client.
Government taxes, charges or levies
1. Rates/prices are subject to change without notice due to the imposition of Government taxes, charges or levies
2. GST – unless otherwise specified, prices and amounts payable (including any adjustments to price or amounts payable) will include GST at the current applicable rate
Food & Beverage Policy
1. The Venue practices the responsible service of alcohol and we are obliged to inform you that it is against the law for Venue staff to serve underage or intoxicated guests. We are also obliged by law to remove them from the licensed premises
2. No food or beverage may be brought into the Hotel premises for consumption during the event, unless otherwise arranged by management
3. In the event of the Venue not providing the beverages to an event, a per person fee will be charged. Prices on application
4. No food or beverages are to be removed from the event room